Dear CrossFit Kids Parents:
Thank you for allowing your child to be part of the CrossFit Kids Class! The commitment to our children’s future is appreciated; the coaches are excited you have chosen CrossFit Kids to be a part of that path as CrossFit has changed all our lives immeasurably for the better. With your child, we are not only able to potentially enhance their lives, but we also have the opportunity to shape their lives and realities within them. It is with this endeavor we have dedicated ourselves to the CrossFit Kids program. Your child’s safety and the opportunity enhance their personal lives are our primary focus.
PCF Kids divides your children into three groups for classes: Kids (ages 4-8), Preteens (9-11) and Teens (age 12-17). Please note that it is not the age of your child that is the deciding factor for what class he or she attends. It is largely based on individual skills, athleticism, and maturity and is ultimately decided upon by the head coach to ensure your child is getting the most out of the CrossFit experience.
As previously stated, your child’s safety is paramount to the coaches, and it is with this focus we need your help. Below are rules that we must enforce as a CrossFit Community to best protect your child; please:
- Walk your children inside the building for the start of the class, and come inside the building to pick them up.
- Wait with your child inside of the gym until the class begins.
- Immediately notify the head coach if you see anyone in the parking lot or in the gym that does not belong there.
- Unless pre-arranged with the head coach, the children are only allowed to go home with the person who drops them off.
- Please sign your child in through our online sign-up so we are aware of the number of individuals attending and know who we should be expecting to attend.
- Payment is due at the beginning of class. This can be paid online through FrontDesk (preferred), or by cash at the beginning of class.
- A waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian, is required for each child before he or she is allowed to participate in a class.
- Ensure your child has a bottle of water, or a bottle that can be filled up at the drinking fountain. Don’t forget to put your child’s name on it!
- Ensure your children are wearing clothes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing and being upside down.
- If you choose to stay and watch the class (which we hope you do!), please do not coach your child. During the classes, we need your child’s full attention in order to develop the trust and relationship and explain the necessary cues effectively. If you have any concerns please discuss them with the coaches after the completion of the class (encouraging and cheering your child on during class is welcome as this is a large part of CrossFit!).
- Children with disciplinary problems: first warning-free of consequences, second warning-sit out for two minutes of the game, third warning-go to the parents.
- Finally, please make the head coach aware of any special needs for your children that may facilitate their individual safety, learning, and growing (i.e., medications, illness, physical/mental limitations, injury, sports, etc.).
We look forward to getting to know all of you personally and training your children to the utmost of our ability. If you have any questions, comments, problems, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get a hold of us at email@example.com.
CrossFit Kids Staff